Monday, January 16, 2012

Tool #5

1. Wordle: I really enjoyed wordle. The fact that it enlarges words that frequently appear in order to help you figure out what the main idea might be is great. I think that this would be great for kids to use for science or even social studies, i.e.- Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg address. I chose to use William B. Travis last letter written from the Alamo. What a great way for kids to understand text that might be hard to understand by pasting it into wordle and allowing it to help them find the main idea. It is visually fun!
Wordle: Letter from Travis">

Animoto: This is one of my favorite tools for the classroom. I use this every year for my students to make an endangered species video based on the research they did for their research papers. The kiddos love it! The finished products are fabulous and I make them a cd of the animotos to take home as a memory of 5th grade.

Make your own slideshow at Animoto.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you...you are one of the first to use Wordle as it was meant to be...Animotos...such fun and user friendly!

    ReplyDelete