Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tool #3

1. The sites I find most helpful are teacher tube, discovery education, you tube, and pbs.

2. This video is from pbs. I actually used pbs today in my class to teach them more about the dust bowl of the 30's after reading a Bluebonnet nomination Barn Stormer. Here is a video about habitats and environments of whales. 


Watch the full episode. See more Ocean Adventures.

 I found another really good one for science- Kilauea, on Hawaii's Big Island, is the world's most active volcano. I am trying to embed it, we shall see if it works. If not, it was under the topic Exploring Science. Volcano videos are great for teaching land formations, constructions and destruction of land, along with the rock cycle. I am very excited about watching this video with my students. I know they will love it!
Introduction
if you right click on the word Introduction it will take you to the website. Not sure why html code isn't working

3. I don't know that I learned that much about copyright and such because I didn't run into any issues of copyright with the videos I embedded.

4. I can see using the drop box in order to post copies of instructions in case students lose their hard copy they could go to the drop box and get another copy. Also it would be a good way to archive news notes for parents to access. I downloaded public stalagtite and stalagmite pictures from picasa. It is a great way show the class pictures on a topic, but also you could save pictures there for the students to use in projects or to use to analyze and apply concepts.

1 comment:

  1. Brandi, Do you think you would use Dropbox in your classroom? Your video embedded beautifully...learned oodles about the Orcas...am so excited you showed your students the Dust Bowl video...I know it gave them an EXCELLENT frame of reference for the current Bluebonnet graphic novel! If you need a quick Copyright or Fair Use clarification, you now have a ready reference.

    ReplyDelete